PomPoms provide hours of fun and will teach your child fundamental skills in classifying and sorting.
Early years development is the most crucial phase of our growth as humans! As parents, it can be the most fun and rewarding time of our parenthood – as our little legends’ brains expand and their imagination runs wild. Finding activities to both stimulate the brain, and your child’s imagination, takes a lot of thought and preparation. Introducing concepts of Maths and Literacy through play is important, and fine-motor skills are essential for practical life. PomPom balls are a great tool to achieve all the above!
Before they learn about numbers, the little ones need to figure out what they are counting – and how to differentiate between similar things.
Thankfully, with a set of colourful PomPoms, together with some pincers, and cups, you have yourself an all-round, amazing activity for kids.
The different shades of colour will immediately capture your child’s curiosity, and the soft fabric will feel good on their little fingers. Next – it’s time to classify and sort. If the PomPoms are in different sizes, even better! You will have an abundance of possibilities as your child learns to sort and organize, whilst having heaps of fun.
Activity tip: Get a set of PomPoms, paper containers, and a pair of wooden pincers, and begin by placing different colours in different containers. Show your child how to use the pincers, and delight in their adorable attempts to pick up the PomPoms. Once your child can classify basic colours, move on to different shades of colour (light and dark) and then sorting the different sizes.
Little Legend work tirelessly to source natural materials that can help your child’s brain develop at the speed it’s capable, and spark their imagination through free, open-ended play and exploration. The Little Legend “PomPom Imagination Set”, will help develop your child in the following key areas, whilst they play:
- Hand-eye coordination: being able to transfer the PomPoms into the containers with the wooden pincers.
- Color identification and sorting: your child will quickly learn to place the PomPoms in the correct paper cups, matching the colours.
- Fine-motor skills: this activity builds hand muscles and dexterity, which are essential for a proper pencil grasp.
- Concentration: learning to sit patiently and focus on a task before it is completed.
- Curiosity, exploration, creativity and imagination are stimulated through open-ended play.
- Physical benefits: fine-motor control and co-ordination, using small tools, hand-eye co-ordination, exploring textures.
- Maths: counting, sorting by colour.
The Little Legend “PomPom Imagination Set” provides a complete and varied set of colour-coded PomPoms, with the natural to inspire unlimited play sessions with your child.
The Little Legend PomPom Imagination set includes:
- 1 wooden tray
- 1 wooden pincers
- 6 paper cups
- 3 handmade large sensory PomPoms (different fancy colors)
- 14 medium sized PomPoms (7 colors, 2 balls/ color)
- 30 small sized PomPoms (7 colors, 5 balls/ color)
- 7 natural white stone
- 1 eco-friendly bag (to store the PomPoms)
Little Legend always searches for the best quality, natural materials because we believe that natural materials allow your child to grow a deep connection with the natural world around them.
***Please supervise your child when playing with this set, at all times.***